Featured Post

Crucified Before the Foundation of the World

"Crucified before the foundation of the world." What does that mean? How could that even happen? Historians and archaeologists ta...

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Lent 2016--Day Thirteen

Luke 12:35-48 instructs us to be ready for work with our lamps lit, and to open the door when our master calls no matter what time, even if it's very late, almost daylight. We've waited all night and he arrives when we had almost given up. You won't expect him, but if you are ready, you are blessed! The time won't matter. The lateness won't be a hindrance. He is coming with rewards for those who are expecting him. Don't let the lamps go out. He expects to serve those he finds waiting. It will be a day of joy! 

I never thought about him serving the ones who are waiting, but read it again. He will have them recline at the table and he will serve them. Is this the Wedding Feast of the Lamb? It sounds like the descriptions I heard before until I find that he is the waiter. I guess there are things I don't understand, but I'm willing to believe and wait and be amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment