Featured Post

Crucified Before the Foundation of the World

"Crucified before the foundation of the world." What does that mean? How could that even happen? Historians and archaeologists ta...

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Working on Psalms

I am trying to read 5 Psalms a day. At that rate I'll finish the first read-through in a month. I think It will require several months to gain a deep understanding of Psalms, but I think I will enjoy the trip. Some of them are already familiar to me, but some need several more readings. Psalms 119 takes about three pages, so it bears several more readings with extensive examination. Some are very short, but none are without value. Lots  of Psalms have memorable verses that we find quoted by writers and teachers. We should not take those verses as the whole meaning of the psalm. Read all of it. Explore the emphasis and research the impact on other references. This kind of study bears fruit in understanding the Bible and its message. Don't shortchange yourself by skipping over the unfamiliar parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment